Access Statement for City of Canterbury Guest House
The City Of Canterbury is an 8 bedroom guest house offering bed & breakfast all with en-suite facilities.
Reception, lounge, eating area and 2 bedrooms on ground floor
• We can be contacted on telephone 01227457455 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or direct link from our website.
• Canterbury is served by rail services to both the East & West stations, Canterbury West being less than a mile away. Bus routes from the city centre pass close by. Walking distance is approx 1 mile to the pedestrian area of Canterbury.
• A Shop Mobility Service is available in the city centre.
• Taxis are available from the city centre and both main line stations.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Car parking is available, off road at the front of the building over a dropped kerb.
• Entrance door at same level.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• Entrance is by side hung front door over small raised threshold into reception area on the same level.
• Access is made by key or by alerting the owners by use of the bell.
• Seating is available in the reception area as are writing pads & pencils.
• Guests are requested to collect their keys and check in before 10pm.
• Unfortunately animals are not permitted.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• Reception and breakfast area are on the ground floor with lounge area raised 1 step.
• Stairway leading to 1st floor bedrooms from lounge.
• All areas are carpeted.
• 1st floor corridor has bedrooms leading off, some of which have a small step up or down into the bedroom.
• Fire escape exit leading to the outside with metal staircase down.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• Reception and breakfast area are on the ground floor, with lounge area raised 1 step.
• All areas are carpeted.
• All bedrooms have en-suite facilities.
• WC with hand wash facilities on the ground floor.
Breakfast/ Dining Room,
• Breakfast area on the ground floor can be used by guests in the evening as we request, no hot food to be taken into the bedrooms.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• All bedrooms have en-suite facilities, television and courtesy tray.
• Twin bedroom on the ground floor suitable for wheelchair access with en-suite, with shower over bath.
• Bedrooms are carpeted with safety flooring in bathrooms.
• Electronic fire alarms and smoke detectors fitted throughout the building.
• General ambient lighting in all rooms.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [En-suite or Shared]
• All rooms have en-suite facilities.
• Escape routes and fire assembly points are clearly signposted throughout the building, with emergency lighting.
• Strictly non smoking in all areas.
• No animals permitted.
• Staff available at all times.
Address: The City of Canterbury
27 St Thomas Hill
Hours of operation: Check in time is generally from 10.30am until 10.00pm.
We do request guests advise us of expected arrival time where possible.
• Upgrading of facilities and general maintenance ongoing.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01227457455 or email email@example.com